Wednesday, June 30, 2004

A personal note

I have posted in this month of my blog several videos from tumblr.com
which show extremely explicit examples of female sexuality, including
female masterbation to orgasm
and two examples of lesbian lovemaking.

I am extremely glad to be able to view these now.
They constitute an education for me on female sexuality.
This is a subject that was explicitly and totally blocked from my knowledge
in my youth,
and even in my marriage, due, I think, to attitudes that had been instilled in me by my parents,
I never make any real attempt to understand the sexual desires of my then-wife.
At any rate, as I just implied,
in my youth in the 1950s and adolescence in the 1960s
knowledge of "what woman liked" was never granted to me in any way, shape, or form
by my parents,
while the culture and schooling of that time also generally ignored it.
What little I could pick up about "what women like"
was gleaned from Playboy, Penthouse (men's magazines of the age)
and attitudes passed down through the male student grapevine.
The idea that women deserved to have orgasms of their own,
or that it was worth spending time and effort on their pleasure,
as opposed to the pleasure of the man (me!),
did not make an appearance so far as I could tell.
I was so clueless, my knowledge of sexual techniques hardly passed beyond the
"insert tab A in slob B" level of knowledge.

So I am enourmously grateful now, in 2011, that people, primarily women,
have gone to the trouble and probably risk and potential for opprobrium from some,
to document (make a video of) how they gain pleasure,
what they like best.

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for filling in a part of sexual education
which the larger society still seems to make every effort to hide
(I suspect these videos themselves are considered "obscene" by the authorities,
making the very act of viewing them illegal in many contexts).
No wonder so many people, both married and single,
are having unsatisfactory sexual lives,
as exemplified for the married set by the number of public figures
who have strayed from their wives in the years up to 2011,
and documented for the single set by th article “Is Sex Passé?” by Erica Jong.

No comments:

Post a Comment